The Glencoe Invitational is a 54-hole Stroke Play Invitational Golf Tournament with two divisions – male and female. Invitees are selected based on their competitive record in major events and World Amateur Ranking.
Should a player receive an invitation from the Club to apply it is not an automatic acceptance into the event. It is still subject to review.
In the Men’s division, the field size will be limited to a target of 30 amateur contestants. Applicants from the following criteria listed below are given priority consideration:
- Top 1500 on WAGR (as of January 2021)
- Top 10 finishers at The 2019 Glencoe Invitational
- Past Invitational Champions (previous 5 Champions: ’15, ’16, 17, ’18, ’19)
- 2020 City of Calgary Men’s Amateur Champion
- 2020 Glencoe Men’s Club Champion
- Monday Qualifiers – maximum of three low males
In the Women’s division, there will be both professional and amateurs with a target of 14 and 10 competitors respectively. Applicants from the following criteria listed below are given priority consideration:
- Top 5 finishers at the 2019 DCM PGA Women’s Championship
- Symetra and LPGA Members
- 2019 CP Women’s Open Monday qualifiers
- Monday Qualifiers – one low female Professional pending number of registrants (minimum 4)
- Top 1250 on WAGR (as of January 2021)
- 2020 Glencoe Ladies Club Champion
- Canadians that made the cut in the 2019 Canadian Ladies Amateur
- Quarterfinalists from the 2019 USGA Women’s Mid-Am
- Monday Qualifiers – one low female amateur pending number of registrants (minimum 4)
Should you meet any of the qualifications above and have not received a personal invitation from the Committee in early February 2021, please fill in the application form and submit your entry. Those who do not meet the criteria above are still encouraged to apply for a playing spot in The Glencoe DC Bank Invitational, historically non-exempt players are issued invitations based on their competitive record in March/April prior to the event. Please note you will not be asked for your entry fee until such a time as you are officially invited to play in the event.
The male and female amateur entry fee is $375 plus applicable taxes.
The female professional entry fee is $500 plus applicable taxes.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
Monday Qualifier: Monday, June 15
8 am Tee Times on The Forest course. We will take the first 80 players male or female. The fee to play will be $200 plus gst. Those who successful qualify; the $200 will be applied to your Glencoe Invitational entry fee, you will only be required to pay the difference.
Glencoe Members who wish to qualify will not be required to pay the registration fee for the qualifier.
Register for the qualifier here!
From this event we will take:
- Three low male amateur players
- One low female Professional pending total registrants (minimum 4)
- One low female Amateur pending total registrants (minimum 4)
INVITATIONAL RULES OF PLAY
Distance measuring devices (DMD) are permitted but may not measure slope or wind. Even if the slope and wind function can be turned off, it is NOT permitted for play. Use of a DMD with those functions during tournament play is disqualification.
Players clubs must conform to the groove and punchmark specifications in the Rules of Golf effective January 1, 2010.
MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021
The Glencoe Invitational reserves three (3) positions in the tournament for male Monday Qualifying players and (1) position for a female amateur Monday Qualifier and (1) position for a female professional Monday Qualifier. Play will be tee times beginning at 8 am on The Forest course. Sign up is limited to the first 30 players, member or non-member. Cost will be $200+/player, this cost will be applied to your entry fee should you qualify.
All participants must provide proof of handicap to be 4.0 or less to participate. Registration will be available on the Alberta Golf website in April of 2021.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2021
Practice Rounds: Players are entitled to one practice round prior to tournament play. Call the Golf Shop to book at 403-571-0055 starting Monday, June 1 at 9 am.
Invitational Media Day: 10 am Brunch for selected players & media, followed by 11:30 am tee times.
Opening Cocktail Reception: Player registration 6 – 8 pm
THURSDAY – SATURDAY, JUNE 17 – 19, 2021
Practice Facility: open daily at 6:30 am
Competition Rounds: daily 7 am – 11 am
SATURDAY, JUNE 20, 2020
Glencoe Invitational Closing Awards Banquet
Cocktail Reception: 5 pm
White Hat Ceremony: 6 pm, dinner to follow
Awards: 7 pm
Guests are permitted to both the Cocktail Party as well as the Awards Dinner after receipt of paid ticket.
NOTE: Media Day Brunch, Opening Cocktail Reception and Closing Awards Banquet will all be subject to Alberta Health Services restrictions at the time of the event.
- Three competition rounds on The Forest; no cut
- One practice round
- Players package including a first tee gift
- Opening Cocktail Reception invite, RSVP required
- Closing Awards Banquet invite, RSVP required
PRIVATE HOUSING PROGRAM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program will be unavailable in 2021.
THE 2020 INVITATIONAL CHAMPIONS WILL RECEIVE
Male Champion will receive an exemption to the final qualifying round for the 2022 RBC Canadian Open.
Male Champion will receive an exemption into the 2021 ATB Financial Classic.
Male Champion will receive an exemption into the 2021 Canadian Men’s Amateur.
Top three male amateur players will receive keeper trophies from Mill Creek Studios
Top two amateur female finishers will receive keeper trophies from Mill Creek Studios.
Top three female professionals are competing for prize money consisting of the following:
- 1st place $15,000
- 2nd place $7,000
- 3rd place $3,000
Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West
- Across from Canada Olympic Park
- 125 Bowridge Drive NW
- Calgary, AB, T3B 3R6
- Map & Directions
- Reservations at 403-288-6033
- Toll Free: 1-800-726-3626
Grey Eagle Resort & Casino
3777 Grey Eagle Drive, SW, Calgary
TOLL FREE: 1.844.719.8777 www.greyeagleresortandcasino.ca/
Carriage House Hotel & Conference Centre
9030 Macleod Trail South, Calgary Alberta, Canada T2H 0M4
Email: [email protected]
JACKET IS REQUIRED FOR THE AWARDS DINNER. PANTS ARE REQUIRED DURING COMPETITION
Shorts are not permitted during tournament play but are during practice rounds.
Acceptable Golf Attire
- Pants/Shorts/Skorts/Skirts that are in good repair. It is advised that shorts/skorts/skirts sold in the Club’s Golf Shop or major golf retailers would meet both the style requirements and the length of “reasonable standard” regardless of brand and/or fit differentials on different body types.
- For Men, golf shirts with sleeves and collars are required. Shirts must be tucked in at the waist at all times unless designed to be worn untucked*.
- For Ladies, shirts may have sleeves or a collar but must have one or the other. Tank top styles are not permitted.
- Golf footwear with soft spikes or laced athletic running shoes on the golf courses are acceptable. All other styles of footwear would be considered unacceptable.
*Defined as buttoned from collar to hem, hemmed and evenly cut around the bottom.
Clubhouse Apparel Etiquette
- Blue Jeans, in good repair (not frayed or torn), are only permissible in the Clubhouse.
Common Breaches of Dress Code
- Fitness apparel or spandex commonly worn to the gym or a yoga studio.
- Apparel with garish or vulgar slogans, advertising and or sports uniforms.
- Collarless shirts and t-shirts for Men.
- Steel spiked shoes are not permitted on the property.
- Halter/Tank tops & Low-rise shirts for Ladies (no exposed midriff ).
- Denim worn on-course.