The Glencoe Invitational is a 54-hole Stroke Play Invitational Golf Tournament with two divisions – male and female. Invitees are selected based on their competitive record in major events and World Amateur Ranking.
Should a player receive an invitation from the Club to apply it is not an automatic acceptance into the event. It is still subject to review.
In the Men’s Division, the field size will be limited to a target of 30 amateur contestants. Applicants from the following criteria listed below are given priority consideration:
- Top 1500 on WAGR (as of January 2021)
- Top 10 finishers at The 2019 Glencoe Invitational
- Past Invitational Champions (previous 5 Champions: ’15, ’16, 17, ’18, ’19)
- One Chairman/Sponsor Invitation
In the Women’s Division, there will be both professional and amateurs with a target of 12 and 12 competitors respectively. Applicants from the following criteria listed below are given priority consideration:
- Top 5 finishers at the 2019 DCM PGA Women’s Championship
- Symetra and LPGA Members
- 2019 CP Women’s Open Monday qualifiers
- Top 1250 on WAGR (as of January 2021)
- 2020 Glencoe Ladies Club Champion
- Canadians that made the cut in the 2019 Canadian Ladies Amateur
- Quarterfinalists from the 2019 USGA Women’s Mid-Am
Should you meet any of the qualifications above and have not received a personal invitation from the Committee in early February 2021, please fill in the application form and submit your entry. Those who do not meet the criteria above are still encouraged to apply for a playing spot in The Glencoe DC Bank Invitational, historically non-exempt players are issued invitations based on their competitive record in March/April prior to the event. Please note you will not be asked for your entry fee until such a time as you are officially invited to play in the event.
- The Male and Female Amateur entry fee is $375 plus applicable taxes.
- The Female Professional entry fee is $500 plus applicable taxes.
Can I still qualify if I haven’t received an invitation? Yes
Monday Qualifier cancelled for 2021
Invitational Rules of Play
Distance measuring devices (DMD) are permitted but may not measure slope or wind. Even if the slope and wind function can be turned off, it is NOT permitted for play. Use of a DMD with those functions during tournament play is disqualification.
Players clubs must conform to the groove and punchmark specifications in the Rules of Golf effective January 1, 2010.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2021
Practice Rounds: Players are entitled to one practice round prior to tournament play. Call the Golf Shop to book at 403-571-0055 starting Monday, June 1 at 9 am.
Invitational Media Day:
Cancelled for 2021
Opening Cocktail Reception:
Cancelled for 2021
Virtual Welcome Event: 12 – 12:20 pm
With Keynote Speaker Lori Kane who will address the topic of inclusion and belonging for women in golf.
THURSDAY – SATURDAY, JUNE 17 – 19, 2021
Practice Facility: open daily at 6:30 am
Competition Rounds: daily 7 am – 11 am
- Three competition rounds on The Forest; no cut
- One practice round
- Players package including a first tee gift
- Closing Awards Banquet invite, virtual
Private Housing Program
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this program will be unavailable in 2021.
The 2020 Invitational Champions will receive
Male Champion will receive an exemption to the final qualifying round for the 2022 RBC Canadian Open.
Male Champion will receive an exemption into the 2021 Canadian Men’s Amateur.
Top three male amateur players will receive keeper trophies from Mill Creek Studios
Top two female amateur finishers will receive keeper trophies from Mill Creek Studios.
Female amateur champion will receive an exemption into the 2021 Canadian Ladies Amateur.
Top three female professionals are competing for prize money consisting of the following:
- 1st place $15,000
- 2nd place $7,000
- 3rd place $3,000
Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West
125 Bowridge Drive NW
Calgary, AB, T3B 3R6
Toll Free: 1-800-726-3626
Grey Eagle Resort & Casino
3777 Grey Eagle Drive, SW
Calgary, AB T3E 3X8
Toll Free: 1-844-719-8777
Acceptable Golf Attire
- Female (LPGA dress code) – pants, capri’s, skorts, skirts or shorts are permissible. Clothing to meet both the style requirements and the length of “reasonable standard” regardless of brand and/or fit differentials on different body types.
- Male (PGA Tour dress code) – pants only. No shorts. Shirts must be tucked in at the waist at all times unless designed to be worn “untucked”.
Clubhouse Apparel Etiquette
- Blue Jeans, in good repair (not frayed or torn), are only permissible in the Clubhouse.
Common Breaches of Dress Code
- Fitness apparel or spandex commonly worn to the gym or a yoga studio.
- Apparel with garish or vulgar slogans, advertising and or sports uniforms.
- Collarless shirts and t-shirts for Men.
- Steel spiked shoes are not permitted on the property.
- Halter/Tank tops & Low-rise shirts for Ladies (no exposed midriff ).
- Denim worn on-course.
The tournament will played on The Forest Course at The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
- Males will play a black/red tee combo (approximate targets of 7,500 yards)
- Women will play a white/blue tee combo (approximate targets of 6,400 yards)